Friday, June 4, 2010

Waking Up

The great thing about accepting reality is that once you do you always have the power to change it. Think the world sucks? Ok, so it sucks. Now do something about it. Think the world owes you something. Ok, it doesn’t. Now go and work for what you think you’re owed. Think you have the market cornered on suffering? Ok, you don’t. Now go do something about the suffering of others.

Is getting real with yourself that simple? Yes. The only thing clouding your thinking, feelings, and behaviors is your attempt at dodging reality.

“But I’m really feeling bad, you don’t know what I have been through, you don’t know what I’m growing through, this is all so insensitive, what about my feelings, don’t they matter?”

I’ve said the same things to myself time and time again and you know what? These thoughts have never made me feel better. They have never inspired me to positive action. They have never changed my life for the better. Instead they have kept my trapped. Trapped in the prison of my mind. It’s time to free Mandela don’t you agree?

Don’t abuse yourself though. The hurt you hide inside requires compassion in addition to questioning. Be gentle with yourself. End the war by not fighting anymore. See your thoughts for what they are – thoughts. Don’t let them drive your emotions anymore. Instead let you emotions enlighten your thinking.

The lesson in this is to be free and live the life God intends for you must be real with yourself. In doing so you will return to reality and reality is the only place you can do anything about your life or the life of others. When you wake up to this you’ll realize how much power you actually have to change reality.

Here’s a music video to help you on the journey.

1 comment: