Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Talking with Cows

Will I ever get up at 6:00 a.m. and run? I’ve been trying to do this for the past 2 months and keep coming up short. Why? Maybe the fire in me is not hot enough yet. So how do I go about changing this?

My sister tells me it’s all in my head and I agree. But how do I get it out of my head and change it. I’ve blogged a ton about changing your thinking and still don’t have it quite figured out yet myself. That’s ok though. Everything is a process. Knowledge does not automatically translate into wisdom.

My heart says to push on and keep trying, so why do I continue to fail. I don’t know. Sometimes things seem so clear and sometimes they don’t. I guess this is all just part of the journey.

I’m still running and biking and it’s becoming less painful day by day. Yesterday, while on a bike ride I crossed paths with a cow and had a unique experience. The cow came up to me much the same way a dog does and just looked at me for a minute or two. I have never stopped to share a glance with a cow and that odd moment left me thinking about how much intelligence cows actually have. As a rode off the cow ran after me. Very odd experience.

So of course I have to wonder what the encounter with the cow meant. Maybe I need to stop eating beef (I have noticed that eating beef makes me lethargic but those Chipotle burritos are just so delicious). Maybe I need to slow down and look at the cows. Maybe I need to stop and pay attention to my life in order to get back into the moment. That’s probably it. Question is when did I stop paying attention?

The lesson? Stop and pay attention to your life on occasion. It may have something important to share with you.

Here are some words to encourage the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment