Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Going Home

Who am I?

Blink, everything changes. Blink, blink, where am I now? There’s a thought. Now it’s gone. Where am I then? Lost? No, I feel here but here just left. Where does that leave me?

In these words I am. Contrasting black letters against a white backdrop. Is it the light at the end of the tunnel? How did I get here? Oops, it just moved past me. Behind me now. That’s ok.

Blank… blank… blank… no thoughts right now. There it goes again. Another thought. Just zoomed by. Missed it. Must not be important. Let’s move on.

Looking over the edge now. Looks like a long way down. Will I jump? No. But why not? Ok, let’s jump.

Emptiness - it does exist. Nice place. Nothing to see or do. Feels like home. Maybe I will stay a while. No more words, only something I can’t express. Why is there a train here? Where is it going. Get on board. Ok.

Clack, clack, clack. Clack, clack, clack. Stop. Get off. Now I’m gone. Where am I? Doesn’t matter. Feels like home. I like being lost. It’s liberating. Nowhere to be, nothing to do, no expectations. I like it here. Maybe I will stay a while. Maybe I will never return. Maybe it’s home – at last.

The lesson? There is nothing wrong with losing yourself. What if it brings you home?

Let Morpheus show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment