Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No Boundaries

I believe in the silence between the notes.

It’s there I find the stillness needed to see clearly. It’s there I discover truths I have always felt, but lately forgotten. Truths like we really do have the power to do anything we believe. Truths like no matter what life presents, we always have the power to choose our response. Truths like life was meant to be beautiful and it only seizes to be so when we put our dependence on external things.

How many times do we say, “I would do that but I don’t have enough money, talent, opportunity, etc…?” I say this quite often to be honest. But why?

Fear of failure I think. Fear things will not work out and the floor will fall out from under me. Fear I will let others down. Fear of what might happen if I actually succeed. Fear I don’t deserve better.

I would like to drown these fears now. They are illusions and serve to bind me to a reality I don’t think is real anymore.

Back in 2001 I wrote myself a note. In it I said, “The only boundaries you have are the ones you set for yourself. Seek to find the truth and you will discover a world in which you are free to dream. Good luck my friend and may God bless your journey.” This is tonight’s lesson. One I hope to finally internalize and manifest myself.

Here’s a great song that resonates with this lesson. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment