Friday, June 11, 2010

Second Chances

These tracks to nowhere,
In front of me lie.
The journey until now,
Something I’d rather leave behind.
Paradise on demand,
Or so the label claims.
Sugar cane dreams,
Dance across my mind.
Speed it up, speed it up,
Take a little more.
Slow it down, slow it down,
The ride will be bomb.
Nowhere now, the tracks have disappeared,
Only vast emptiness at every turn.
Tonight it all ends,
Finally it’s time to leave.
Lay down, say a prayer,
Because there is no tomorrow.
Senses are gone,
Thoughts and feelings a memory.
There is no coming back,
And nothing left to even care.
So this is how it ends?
Just me and my pillow.
Goodbye cruel world,
I’m too gone to miss you.
No more anything,
It doesn’t exist.
What’s this? Is it me?
Awake! But how could that be.
Never Father, never again,
You saved me this time.
I will never forget,
I was gone and now I’m here.
Help me to understand,
Why you gave me a second chance.

The lesson? When the time comes... get up. Let the fire within ignite. Be what you were created to be. It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment