Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Going, Going, Gone

Boom, boom, boom!
“Open the door!”
“No! I won’t. I’m scarred.”
“But I won’t hurt you!”
“Yes you will. Yes you will.”
“I’m sorry.”
“Sorry for what?”
“Sorry for scaring you.”
“It’s not you that scares me.”
“Then what is it?”
“It’s what I might do to you that scares me.”
“What you might do to me? Will it hurt?”
“Maybe. I’m not sure. But it scares me.”
“So what will you do to me then? Is it that bad?”
“I don’t know. But I’m afraid to do it.”
“Ok, if it’s not that bad then do it.”
“No. I can’t. I’m afraid.”
“It’s ok to be afraid. Do it anyway.”
“Ok. I’m sorry. I will miss you.”
“Sorry for what? It's time I go away anyway.”
“Who will I be without you?”
“Doesn’t matter. Do it now before you lose courage.”
“Goodbye forever. I will miss you.”
"I will forget you now and open the door."
No one there.
Must have been the wind.

The lesson? Never fear opening the door to a new perspective.


2 comments: