Monday, June 21, 2010

Transformations

“Transform the pain into energy. This is how you do the impossible.” That’s the thought I had this past weekend as I pushed myself to run longer and harder than ever before.

Makes sense, so how do you do it?

I’m not sure but I'm figuring it out by running until I feel like throwing up and then running some more. Oddly enough I love it and I feel compelled to keep doing this.

Just a few weeks ago I believed I would pass out if I ran for too long. In reality I have not passed out yet and don't really think I ever will. What I am discovering is when I run beyond my mental threshold my vision clears up, my mind becomes still, and I feel “free”. It’s addictive, but in a good way.

Having never pushed myself physically in the past, this is all new to me. It’s also exciting because now I’m thinking about what else I can do if I continue to believe in this process.

The lesson here is that perseverance really does pay off. You just have to hang in there, “transform the pain into energy”, and keep pressing forward. Without knowing it you might accomplish something you thought was impossible.

Here's a video clip that resonates with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment