Monday, June 14, 2010

A Moving 3.2 Miles

This past Saturday was beautiful. I awoke at 6 a.m. and headed to Baltimore with my wife, oldest son, and running partner and sister. By 9:01 a.m. I had completed my first ever 5K (3.2 mile) race. The accomplishment was nice but running for a worthwhile cause, in this case the Cool Kids Campaign, is what made the experience truly memorable. Also, sharing this experience with my family and loved ones added to the magic of the day.  Thank you guys! 

It’s funny though. I trained for 2 months to run this 5K. On Saturday morning my wife decides to run the 5K with no prior preparation and goes on to do so.  My sister reminds me that what you think you can or can’t do is all in your head. I think she’s right. That’s also tonight’s lesson.

Here is a video by Cancer Fears Me which reminds me that through caring comes the courage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel honored on so many levels. First, the fact that I was part of a race for such a great cause is truly an amazing feat itself. Second, to run with family and friends was a blessing. And third, the fact my Brother said I was right about something...I wonder if it's going to snow tomorrow, June 15th!!! Just kidding, love you Bryan...and keep up your amazing spirit :)

    ReplyDelete