Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Questioning My Thoughts

Life has a pattern. Every time you’re on the verge of a breakthrough, a breakdown will show up and try to derail you. This is what happened to me tonight.

Last night I was in an intensely creative flow and my hope was to continue it tonight. I’m working on some things that require me to stay focused and imaginative if I ever want to get them done. I was ready to jump in tonight and then my stinking thinking kicked in. However, I did something different this time around (after feeling like a dope for a while). I verbally stated my negative thinking and in doing so was able to get to the core of the illusion quickly. In turn, my emotional state lifted and creative juices started flowing again. Then I got back to work.

I’m realizing that identifying and questioning my thinking really works to improve my attitude. Yes, I still experience emotional lows for a moment, but I don’t stay stuck. Once I realize the thought that is causing the emotional upheaval, it loses its control over me.

Tonight’s lesson is to pay attention to those patterns and thoughts in your life that either build you up or tear you down. Question the latter and life becomes much more peaceful and creative.

Here’s another ‘90s song to inspire your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment