Monday, September 6, 2010

Connecting to Truth

"Goodnight Daddy," just said my daughter as she kissed me on the cheek. Now that's where I need to focus my thoughts. Lately, my thoughts have focused on the wrong things and they've taken their toll on my overall well being.

I spent the holiday weekend at my parents and went running at a lake by their house. Typically, my runs there are uplifting and peaceful. Not the last few days. My last two runs were grueling and it took an enormous amount of resolve to not quit and just walk. It felt like something dark inside of me wanted to escape and tear me apart as I ran.

So what's up? I don't know. Maybe something inside of me is changing and causing turbulence in the process. Maybe I need to step back and meditate a bit. Maybe I need to see a priest. All of the above make sense but they are no excuse for quitting.

Tonight's lesson is to focus your thoughts on the beautiful things in life. In my case, all the blessings God has given me starting with my children. When you do you reconnect with the truth. Darkness tries to disconnect you, but it can’t if you turn on the light of truth – you are and always will be connected to everything else.

Here’s a video that connects with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment