Monday, September 13, 2010

Grinding Forward

Sometimes all you can do in life is put one foot in front of the other. Don’t look up, don’t look sideways, don’t look forward, and don't look back. Just look down and focus on putting one foot in front of the other.

This is my life right now – running and personally. I don’t feel like running even though the Army 10-Miler is a month away. But I know I need to continue my training and feelings can’t dictate my life. Personally, I wish life had a timeout button so I could catch my breath. But it doesn’t so prayer will have to do.

I’ve never lived a time like this before. The world is full of hope and possibility and at the same time feels like it could get pulled out from under me at any moment. I talk a lot about trust and I guess that’s what I must do. Trust that life is good. Trust in my ability to push forward. Trust this all just part of a greater purpose.

Tonight’s lesson is a simple one. You can never be stuck if you choose to put one foot in front of the other and move forward. And don’t worry, if your feet our planted on the ground, it’s impossible for the ground to fall out from under you.

Here’s a video that resonates with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment