Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not too Crazy

“You haven’t written anything crazy lately,” said my sister today.

I’ve become too serious lately. That’s what a family, mortgage, challenging economy, and headful of possibilities and fears will do to you. On occasion my quick wit and humor pop out before I can suppress them. Oddly enough, I have made a conscious effort to be more “logical” lately. Whatever that means.

All my life I enjoyed trying on different personas. At one point I even imagined I was a vampire (after a dream in which a vampire bit me on the neck and I actually woke up in pain). Right now I’m trying to figure out my persona, like I did in the past, but I’m coming up short. The reason? There is no persona. There is only me. And this makes me happy.

I’m not sure if this post qualifies as “crazy” but it will have to do for now. “Crazy” has left the building for the moment. He will be back I’m sure. But for the moment it’s nice to be me.

Tonight’s lesson is that it’s alright to be “you” at times. And if you’re crazy for real… go ahead with your bad self. Who knows? Maybe I am a vampire who's forgotten the truth about himself. Now this is crazy. Would make for a great movie though.

Here’s a song that resonates with this lesson minus the vampire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment