Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Seeking Grace

As long as you think life or anyone owes you anything, you will suffer. This is what I’m learning right now.

Growing up I can’t say I ever remember a time when my life needs weren’t met. I never really worried about where my next meal would come from, how I would clothe myself, or if I would have a roof over my head. As an adult and parent all that has changed. Now I consistently worry how I will provide for my family and when I feel something is an obstacle to that I become angry.

So why is that? Maybe it’s my parental instincts. Like a caveman I have a natural instinct to want to care for and protect my tribe. Something creates a threat and naturally I want to destroy or remove it. The only problem is that now I’m supposed to be civilized. I feel the intensity of a caveman and the reason of a modern man at the same time. This inner struggle is grueling.

As I sit here writing this I’m realizing I’m on a distorted mind trip. Everything I have written in this blog points to the truth that positive things manifest in life when you develop the right thinking, attitude, and behaviors. I also write a lot about being in the moment. When you stress about the past or worry about the future you step out of the moment and begin to suffer.

Writing about the truth of life is easy. Living it consistently is not. Therefore, I will be patient with myself right now and let the healing begin. I also recommend you do the same. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s a song to inspire us.

No comments:

Post a Comment