Sunday, September 26, 2010

Way to Freedom

Forgiveness is the beginning of freedom. We all carry around past hurts, experiences, traumas, etc… that shape who we are today. Sometimes the suffering was caused by ourselves and sometimes by others. It doesn’t matter how it got there because the important thing is to let it go. The only way to do this is by forgiving.

When you choose to forgive yourself and others it feels like a heavy weight has been lifted from your life. I know this is easier said than done and there are things we would rather not forgive. The thing with forgiveness is that it doesn’t mean you agree with what happened or the impact it had on you. Forgiveness simply means you will no longer allow that hurt to torment your life and hold you back. When you forgive you are really doing it for yourself. You are letting go of a burden that does not need to be carried around anymore so that you can live a fulfilled life.

This subject has come up a lot with me recently. I’ve been pushing myself to run harder and faster. In turn, I’ve observed that when my thoughts surface past or current hurts, resentment, bitterness, etc… my energy level drops off. However, when my thoughts center on forgiveness I feel much stronger and able to run faster.

Tonight’s lesson is to examine those things in your life you feel hold you back or de-energize you. Is unforgiveness at the core? If it is, help yourself out and start making a conciouss effort to forgive. It doesn’t mean you are in agreement. It simply means you have chosen freedom above all else.

Here’s a song and video that resonates with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment