Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Victim or Victor?

In my life things have happened that I wish had not. Some were of my own doing. Others were not. The pain these things caused still lives with me today and unconsciously impacts my attitude and behaviors. The worse being fear and anger.

So what would my life be like without this pain? Extraordinary I think. I’d be free to be “me” and I’ve learned “me” is a happy person who knows how to love unconditionally.

I have not written much lately because I have been processing a lot of thoughts, emotions, and life circumstances. Also, the word cancer is now part of my family’s vocabulary. My sense is everything will be alright because life always has a reason (even though we may not agree with it at times).

The other day I caught the end of the movie Good Will Hunting. I think it’s a brilliant portrayal of the suffering a human can endure and still come out a victor in life. I resonate with the movie and the lesson it teaches at the end is powerful.

“It’s not your fault,” says Will’s therapist. “It’s not your fault.”

Acknowledging past hurts that were not of your own doing is the first step to letting go. It’s painful I know, but necessary if you are to release yourself from the prison of your mind. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s the noted scene from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment