Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One Day

There was a time when I hated life,
Tomorrow seemed like a place I’d rather avoid.
Darkness and loneliness became my truth,
Alone in my mind I sat and faded away.
Nothing mattered, I just didn’t care,
“I have no conscious,” I believed.
My life was nothing more than a lifeless shell,
Pulled this way and that by illusions.
A living hell I was in,
And I didn’t care enough to find my way out.
For years I secretly died,
Hoping one day it would all just end.
Courage was not mine to manifest death,
So I took the easy way out.
I lived a life with no purpose,
No connection, no inspiration.
Then something inside me spoke,
And I told it to be silent.
But day after day it cried out,
Until one day its Creator cried back.
"I’m so sorry" He spoke,
But I have not forgotten you.
You were my child before all of this,
And forever you are mine.
So now it is I that cry out,
Please, please help me.
I returned from the land of the dead once,
And now I’m alive.
That has to mean something,
And if it doesn’t then I’m lost.
But I will never stop believing in You,
Simply because I love You.
You created me for a reason,
One I humbly ask You give me now.
If not for me,
Then for those I love.
Make a way for them to,
Let go, laugh, live, and love.
Then I will have served my purpose,
Then I will know my life means something.

Tonight's lesson? Life is a gift. Be sure to open the box.

Here's a song that connects with this lesson.

1 comment: