Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Change

“The only constant in life is change.” Yes, I agree. I also believe that change can feel like a punch in the face. If it doesn’t knock you out, and if you don’t run away, it can inspire you to come back harder.

But what if you can learn to see the change coming and duck out of the way before it hits you in the face? I believe this is possible. What if you can learn to absorb the energy of the change and flow with it? I believe this is possible too.

Tonight a wise friend told me, “The past was the best thing that could have happened to me. The present is the best thing happening to me. The future is the best thing that’s going to happen to me.” It took a moment to realize the depth of his words but it’s finally sinking in. Everything in life, including change, is there for a reason. It makes us who we are. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s a song that resonates with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment