Tuesday, October 5, 2010

No Escape

I’m looking for an escape. Instead I must run towards that I seek to escape from. The hidden exit door lies at its center, not its outskirts.

So what do I fear most? Failing. Failing to provide for my family. Failing to deliver on what I say I can deliver. Failing to live my dreams. Which brings me to another question.

What is my dream? To help others realize and live their own dreams I think. But can this dream sustain my existence. Can it pay my mortgage and put food on the table. Can it make me happy? I don’t think life will answer these questions without me first venturing out in faith. This is scary. Keeps me up at night thinking about it.

What has this running journey taught me so far? Step by step, mile by mile. Turn the pain into energy. Let go of limited thinking. Keep at it and grow stronger. It's alright to be afraid. Just push through it.

The Army 10-Miler is 19 days away. I feel good about my training and progress. Now I just need to apply all I’ve felt and learned to my greatest journey – life. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s a song that connects with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment