Monday, October 18, 2010

Towards the End

In life you must sometimes run the journey alone. Nobody or anything can do for you what you must do for yourself.

Last week my sister and running partner notified me she would not be able to run the Army 10-Miler with me this Sunday. At first I was discouraged. This was something we had hoped to do together. A big part of my embarking on this journey was to complete it with her. Unfortunately, her knee is injured and running 10 miles is not possible right now.

With this news I had to take a look inside my heart. What is life trying to tell me? Why have things played out the way they have? I don’t know to be honest. What I do know is that I must run and complete this race with all my heart. When I started this journey I was unsure if I could make it. Now I believe I can. It’s only 10 miles and roughly 100 minutes, but to me it feels like lifetime.

I can see my family at the finish line. It’s for them that I’m really doing this. I want them to know that the answer to life lies on the other side of the unknown. Anyone who dares to can venture there. You only need to believe in yourself and commit to taking the steps. Break through the fear and pain that holds you back and you will be amazed at what you discover. Life. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s a song that inspired this lesson.

1 comment:

  1. It's said that everything happens for a reason...I am proud of you and what you have already accomplished! The race is just icing on the cake:) Can't wait to be there cheering you on!!!

    ReplyDelete