Tuesday, October 19, 2010

True Nature

Can life change in a blink? Yes it can. Just like that God pours his Spirit into yours. Like He did when you were conceived.

Life. What’s the meaning of it all? How did I get to a place where I forgot the truth of things? How did life lose its magic? Easy. I became human. Forgot that that’s just part of the story. Yes, I’m human, but also spirit. Why? Because God created me and He is spirit. A part of me is what I see in the mirror. The other part is what I can’t see with my eyes but feel when I close my eyes and listen with my heart.

This running journey has reminded me of my true nature. It’s the force that propels me forward and graces me with the ability to run 10 miles and beyond. Daily life and its worries had beaten my vision and dreams down. I always knew they were there, but the weight of responsibility drowned me. Instead of lying down and dying a slow death I opted to get up and run. Run to my life that is.

Life can change in a blink. This is tonight's lesson.

Here’s a song that resonates with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment