Friday, July 30, 2010

Walking the Middle Path

I have a tight Peroneus Longus. At least that’s what internet wisdom tells me.

“The peroneal muscles run down the outside of the lower leg and are often neglected in a stretching routine.” I’m still figuring out the whole mechanics thing behind running, so the other day when my passion propelled me to run 10.5 miles, I was not technically prepared. Now I’m hobbling around with a pain in my lower right leg. But you know what... I love it.

A friend today told me I should get a cane and I thought to myself, “That’s an idea… Maybe I can buy a big furry hat to go with it.” My sister is always telling me I could be more stylish so now’s my chance.

In all seriousness, I need to figure this out so I can continue my running training. Once again I’m learning that life is about balancing the practical with the visionary. I believe Buddhist’s call this “walking the middle path”. This is also tonight’s lesson.

It’s back to the running mechanics lab for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment