Monday, July 26, 2010

Power of Friendship

The power of friendship is amazing and this past Saturday I was blessed to feel this truth with all my heart. It’s been a while since I caught-up with my long time friends, but the depth of our understanding and transparency towards each made me feel like we had never been separated.

“Friends are roots that connect you to something greater than yourself,” was a thought I had. Being around my old friends brought me back to the base of my soul. Around them I felt most close to who I really am. No fronts. No illusions. Just me. Happy me.

So of course I have to ask, “How do I keep this reality going?”

Looking back at my blog posts an answer has emerged. “Stay in the moment, be honest and transparent, and just be yourself. Life is difficult enough without trying to play a role that is not naturally yours."

Tonight’s lesson? Nurture and make time for those things in life that bring you back to the base of your soul, like friends. There is a lot of happiness to be found there.

And here's a video I could not resist posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment