Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In Search of Happiness

Happiness is not something you seek. It’s what you are.

This is what I read last night and for a moment there it made complete sense. One of the things I do when I question my thinking is ask myself, “Who would you be without this stress inducing thought?” My usual response is, “Happy… me.” So I conclude that happiness is my true state of being. When I’m happy I’m just being me.

A little metaphysical I know, but it’s helping me sort out my thinking. You see, I spend a lot of time coming up with ideas I think will make me happy. Most of them external and even when I obtain them I’m not any happier.

In reality, I don’t need anything to be happy because I already am. Always have been and always will be. I cannot be anything other than myself which is happiness in its purest form. What I need to do is stop thinking this or that will finally make me happy. It’s a relentless illusion that only serves to make me unhappy by pulling me out of the moment.

Easier said than done.

Tonight’s lesson? Happiness is not something you seek. It’s what you are. Realizing this will empower you to attract and create an extraordinary life. The one you were always meant to have and live. The one you will share with the world in order to make a positive difference.

Here’s an interesting video by on the subject of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment