Saturday, July 3, 2010

Magic in Motion

I’m coming up short. That’s the thought that hunts me lately. Whether it's applied to finances, parenting, or life in general, this thought serves to pull me out of the moment. In turn, my perspective on life becomes negative and my attitude follows.

That thought has been part of me for so long, cutting it loose is not easy. But running is helping me do just that. When I run I always get to a point where my mind becomes still and I can see that thought for what it is - a lie. The longer I run the clearer my head gets and the better I feel. Over time the clarity fades but I’m convinced one day it will be permanent. Until then I’ll keep on running to my life.

Tonight’s lesson is to clear up your thinking you need to do something that pulls you out of your comfort zone. Running, or any other activity that requires your full attention, is a great tool to help you do this. Attitude follows thinking, so clear up your thinking and your attitude will also improve.

Here’s a video illustrating how far David Blaine has gone to achieve mental clarity.



"Magic is pretty simple... It's practice, it's training and experimenting while pushing through the pain to be the best that I can be. That's what magic is to me." ~ David Blaine

1 comment: