Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Live While I'm Alive

“In the end we are our choices. Build yourself a great story.” ~ Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon.com

Last night I made a choice to take my story in a new direction by running 10.5 miles. It was not my most graceful run (I can only imagine what my neighbors must have thought) but I did it - swollen knees, hips, toes, and all.

Today I’m asking myself what inspired me to run through the night like a madman. Maybe it was the beauty and coolness of the moonlit night. Maybe it was the love I have for my family. Maybe it was my desire to draw closer to my creator. Maybe it was my time.

In reality I think it was all of the above and then some things I can’t recall in my mind but do understand with my heart.

My next journey is to step back and see what I can do to learn more about the mechanics of running. I hope to speed up my pace a bit and begin running with others. Let’s see where the journey goes.

The lesson tonight is to remember anything is possible if you believe and are willing to put in the time and effort needed to realize and release your potential. Nothing worth doing ever comes easy. This is something I want my kids to remember every single moment of their lives.

Here’s a song I feel resonates with my thoughts and feelings right now.



“It’s my life and it’s now or never… I ain’t gonna live forever… I just want to live while I’m alive…”

1 comment: