Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Burning Up

Comfort… It’s the enemy of breakthrough. That’s what I’m learning through life and running right now.

So why do we allow comfort to become our reality? I think it’s because we fear who we might actually be on the other side of the fence. What if I can’t keep up? What if I fail? What if I am not happy? These and other questions work to keep us in our comfort zone.

What if everything you ever dreamed of is on the other side but to get there you have to leave your comfort zone. In words this is easy. In practice it’s nearly impossible – but that’s what makes it worth doing. Just look around. How many people do you see living life to their fullest potential and loving every minute of it? Very few I think, but it doesn’t have to be this way.

Every single human being on this earth was created to exemplify God’s awesomeness in their own unique way. The trick to doing this is you first have to believe it and then you have to take action to manifest it. It also requires a lot of patience.

When I run it’s easy to say, “I’ll run X miles today.” In practice, it’s not that easy and there is always a burn. This burn hurts and my mind complains, but it’s the burn that is lifting me over the fence. I don’t think there is any other way to achieve a breakthrough.

Tonight’s lesson? Sitting in your comfort zone will keep you from achieving that wonderful breakthrough also known as your life’s purpose. When you realize and move towards your life’s purpose you will finally wake up and realize life is extraordinary. You might also discover the tremendous power you have to make a positive difference in the world.

Here’s a video I came across today that resonates with this lesson.

1 comment: