Thursday, August 5, 2010

Masterpiece in the Making

“You are the masterpiece of your own life. You are the Michelangelo of your own life. The David that you are sculpting is you.” ~ Dr. Joe Vitale MSC.D.

Interesting statement, so what does it mean?

I think it means we have the power to shape our lives the way we want it. In addition, we have the God given talent to make it magnificent.

My parents have a statue of David in their home. They other day my son asked me why he is naked? “Good question,” I thought to myself, “Why is he naked?”

Maybe he is naked because he has nothing to hide. Maybe he is naked because he is comfortable with himself. Maybe he is naked because that’s how his sculptor saw him.

Could this provide some insight into our own lives? Who would you be if you had nothing to hide? Who would you be if you were comfortable with yourself? Who would you be if you saw yourself the way your Creator does?

Someone wonderful I bet.

Tonight’s lesson. If you’re going to take the time to create something as important as a life, make sure you sculpt a masterpiece.

Here’s an inspirational song I came across today you might enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment