Monday, August 9, 2010

Fighting Discouragement

“I’m fine without you now… I don’t need you here. I’m fine without you now… can you disappear.”

These lyrics are resonating with me right now and the thing I can live without is discouragement.

Life is not always easy and things may not work out the way you want. Fighting this truth leads to suffering. Embracing it leads to freedom. In words this is easy to say. In reality, it’s not so easy do.

Right now I am discouraged and it’s alright to be so. I don’t feel like pretending everything is cool because it isn’t. However, I will not stop believing life is magical and that I, and only I, can create my happiness. Also, I will not blame anyone or anything for my life - I own my decisions that brought me here.

Happiness is not a product of external circumstances. It is a choice. Happiness is a natural condition that lives inside of you and you always have the choice to manifest it or not. Life can beat you down, but you can’t let the “shadow” of circumstance to overcome you. By choosing to be happy regardless of circumstance you can step back, assess your circumstance, and take concrete action to move towards that which you think has positive value in your life. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s a video clip that resonates with this lesson.



“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows… it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it… but ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward… how much you can take and keep moving forward… That’s how winning is done!”

No comments:

Post a Comment