Saturday, August 21, 2010

Life's Miracle

“One day when my time is up God is going to ask me… did you ever put it on the line? Did you ever not know and still jump? Did you ever just close your eyes and… let go?”

This was a line I heard tonight while watching the movie Saint Ralph. It struck a chord with me.

My answer to God would be yes. I was born into this life not knowing how it would play out. On my first day of human existence I opened my eyes and woke up. Now I close my eyes to let go and remember the truth of my existence before I was born. Now I’m also putting it all on the line. My mind, my body, my spirit, my emotions. They are not mine to hold on to anymore. Not if I want to what do what I was born to do.

These words may not make sense but making sense of something as beautiful as life is not easy – and maybe not necessary.

When you allow your life to be a miracle you give people a glimpse into the face of God. This is a lesson I learned tonight from Saint Ralph and one I share with you.

Here’s the final song from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment