Monday, May 10, 2010

Make a Difference

After every breakdown comes a breakthrough. Tonight I had a small breakthrough in the form of running 30 straight minutes with no walking. Honestly, I was tired of blogging about my BS bum knee situation and figured it was time to get over it.

In the past weeks I have been running with bravado, but tonight I made a conscious effort to adhere to the proper running mechanics and it was fantastic. I’m not sure if I’m doing things right just yet, but my running felt much more natural and exerted less strain on my knees.

On June 12th I have committed to running my first ever 5k event to raise money for the Cool Kids Campaign (please see link at right of screen). “The Cool Kids Campaign is an organization dedicated to improving the life for pediatric oncology patients and their families while they are going through the trauma of a cancer diagnosis and its treatments.”

My cousin-in-law is one of the event coordinators and it would be great if you would consider signing up. I would love to see/meet you there. Note, you don't have to run, there is a 1 mile walk.

Tonight’s lesson sort of ties together a few of the last lessons presented. One, sometimes you just need to get up and make it happen. Two, caring will inspire you with the courage and strength to do the impossible. Find something you truly care about and use it to drive you into action.

Here is a quote by Mother Teresa that resonates with this lesson.
“It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.”

Also, here is a music video to keep you going when you feel like you have nothing left to give.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and this song are inspiring. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete