Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Dark Path

I don’t know what to say tonight. Life is complicated right now.

Previous blog entries seem to mask what I’m really dealing with – major life change. Maybe this running and blogging thing is all a front for not saying what I really want to say and not knowing how to say it.

I tend to try and see the positive side of life, but life is not feeling so positive right now. Hold on and be patient I’m told. But holding on when you’ve been hanging from a moving plane for so long is not so easy.

Rocky, Cru, and Rick (see previous blogs) all have something in common. They are fictional characters and their life journeys take all of 1.5 hours. My life is real and the journey feels like forever.

But all hope is not gone. I rode my bike this morning and evening and the knee is getting better day by day. I should be able to run again soon.

Melancholy. Is that what I’m feeling? What happen to the “runners high”? It’s still there but this is real life not a movie. Maybe the melencholy is a side effect of the estrogen injections my sister has been giving me.

Here goes tonight's lesson.

Every journey ventures into a dark forest where the path you’ve been walking on fades into the earth. Yes, you need to stop and look around, but you also need to keep moving forward. God only knows where you’ll end up, but you need to trust it’s exactly where you need to be.

Here’s a clip from the movie Saint Ralph that captures the spirit of this lesson in the movie's climatic end - a marathon.

2 comments:

  1. Your positive messages are not masks...they are who you are. Like we've said, you can't know what is good until you know what is bad. Today (and be sure there are future days to come) was only a bad day. Remember my favorite childhood movie, Annie??? The sun will come out, tomorrow... you get my drift. Good night Danielson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those '80s movies. You made me watch Annie over and over again for something like 6 months. Traumatizing time in my life. Maybe I’ll blog about it.

    ReplyDelete