Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Breakin' the Rules

In an effort to bring a smile to wife’s face I decided to assemble my Bio Force home gym tonight (trying to deliver on that buff body concept). I love putting things together and actually enjoyed the whole experience. In the end I was left with a huge mess and a two large cardboard boxes, so of course I got to thinking. Hmmm… What can you do with two large cardboard boxes?

Breakdance on them of course! Now I just need some duct tape, an old school boombox, and Puma’s with fat laces (all still in my closet).

Over the last couple of years I have busted out a few B-Boy moves at some parties, and though my friends are kind, I know their thinking, “Ohhh... at least he's trying.” This needs to stop and I need to be able to once again pop-and-lock like Ozone and spin a windmill like Crazy Legs (not that I was ever actually able to do that but a guy's got a right to dream).  To get this you need to watch Breakin' and Beat Street which I’m sure you will thank me for later!

So now my running journey has taken on another new twist – cardio dance workouts with the potential of breaking my bones. I love it! and so will my kids when they see old pops throwing down to “Breakers Revenge”.

The lesson in all of this is to keep doing things you love regardless of age, people’s opinion, or the potential of breaking your bones (ok, you might want to take it easy with this last part). Who knows, you might just enjoy yourself and also wow your friends at parties (if you don't throw out you back and make them laugh instead).

Here are two of my favorite breakdancing movie clips from the ‘80s. Now I just need to find a Puma windbreaker, parachute pants, and a Kangoo hat.





TOAB, maybe Ozone will invite me to a BBQ at his house. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Just don't challenge him to a dance-off, speaking from experience, he might not like it! :)

    ReplyDelete