Friday, May 21, 2010

Looking Within

Today I was taken captive against my will in Italy.

This morning I was abruptly awoken and forced to enjoy a delicious kabob brunch. Then I was marched to a local cafĂ© and told I must enjoy an authentic Italian cappuccino. Soon there after I forced to take a scenic drive to Savona, Italy, a majestic city on the Ligurian Sea, and there I was further abused. When we arrived, I had to take off my shoes and enjoy walking in the cool and clear water while studying the beauty of an Italian city on the coast. Then by accident I ended up at an Old World fortress on the beach and met a man who reminded me to look within to find God. He then pointed me towards a local piazza and church. Before arriving I was forced to buy my wife and sister “authentic” Italian gifts I know they will love (sorry about the bill Babe). The church was closed so I was forced to head back to a beachside restaurant for dinner. As if I had not already had enough torment, I was forced to eat one of the tastiest pizzas I have ever had in my life, followed by a fresh seafood risotto, and toped off with a deliciously grilled and sliced steak. In between I was told I must drink fine Italian wine. Before I could leave I was abused on more time - I was made to taste both a deliciously creamy caramel cake and authentic tiramisu.

Tomorrow, I will actually be forced to wake up after 5 hours of sleep. I also have to run again. That might actually hurt.

Today was a blessed day and I am grateful beyond words. I am still charged tonight soaking in all that has happened and that’s tonight’s lesson. Remember that life is full of beautiful moments if you allow yourself to live them. You don’t need to be in Italy to do this. Being here just reminded me that life is a journey and when you soak it in you find God within.


1 comment: