Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mistake or Lesson?

We all stumble in life. Do and say things we later regret. The idea is to not let the mistakes define our life. But instead, use our mistakes to move towards a better life.

What are your mistakes telling you? Is there something wrong under the hood? Are emotions or thoughts out of balance? This is what I have been asking myself lately as I give into negative habits of the past I consider to be ongoing mistakes.

Maybe the mistake is not a mistake after all. Doesn’t everything in life serve a purpose? I think so but it doesn’t mean I need to almost drown to learn to swim. A swim lesson will do.

This last thought leads me to think it might be of value to document the lessons our mistakes teach us. Lesson are great, they help you move forward. Mistakes on the other hand can keep you stuck. I guess you have to figure this out for yourself.

Tonight’s lesson is to take time to study and learn from your mistakes. Don’t be quick to overlook them and don’t be quick to condemn yourself because of them. We put a lot of time into learning from the mistakes of others (and pointing them out I think). What can our own mistakes teach us?

Sometimes mistakes can be painful… and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment