Monday, November 15, 2010

Imagination, Action, Perseverance, and Fun!

This past weekend I watched Pixar's Toy Story 3 with my kids and loved it. Inspired by the film, I realized that imagination is one of my greatest gifts. With it life is full of possibilities and wonder. At the same time, imagination is one of my greatest weaknesses. It is sometimes an escape from the current reality of things that leads to inaction.

I’m realizing that many things in life are like this. They can be a positive or a negative depending on how you use them. Imagination inspires me. It fills my heart with joy at what can be. I love to dream. I love to imagine. At the same time, too much of this and I don’t get done what I need to get done to realize those dreams. In this world, everything requires contemplation plus action.

Sometimes it’s alright not to act. There is nothing wrong with being a dreamer. But if you want to eat, pay your bills, and be of service to others, action is required. I think the trick is to find balance between dreaming and acting. Too much of one or the other can push you in the wrong direction. This is tonight’s lesson. Dream and have fun, but act and manifest your dreams to the benefit of the world.

Toy Story 3 took over 9 years to make. Sometimes imagination also requires perseverance… and fun!

Here is a behind the scenes look at Pixar and the making of Toy Story 3. I love this place.



2 comments:

  1. So true my friend. My friend you have encouraged an amazing dream of mine, one that has required much dreaming and a whole lot of sweat and tears. I am a man of my word and of honour. Someday this is going to bless your socks off!!!

    ReplyDelete