Thursday, February 24, 2011

Understanding Life

“Who are you when no one is looking?” That’s the thought I had today.

I wish I could say I’m a saint, but that would be a lie. I’m just a guy trying to understand life and do the best I can is probably a more accurate answer. And on occasion I fail and struggle to forgive myself and move on. Thank God I’m getting better at that.

Life is a strange thing. I wonder a lot about the purpose of it all and honestly it’s hard to answer the “why” questions without reflecting on my relationship with God. Why was I born? Why am I alive? Why am I thinking these things? Without a master plan and creator it all seems a bit senseless.

Through my kids I have seen three human beings materialize out of ether and now those three human beings call me dad. It’s wonderful and a little crazy at the same time. I understand the science behind a human life, but how do you explain my kid’s consciousness? The only thing that makes sense to me is that God breathed consciousness into them.

But why where they born onto this planet and reality? Why do I feel compelled to tell them that there is much more to life than what you perceive with your senses? I think it’s because the God that created them created me too and as a parent His spirit and flows through me to them – and vice versa. Interesting huh?

I’m not sure how this last paragraph ties in with my original thought, but I like it nonetheless. Tonight’s lesson is that it is ok to let your imagination take over when reflecting on wondrous mysteries. It makes you feel alive.

Here’s a song that resonates with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment