Monday, February 7, 2011

Blowing Up

This past weekend was not one of my most graceful. In short, I lost it. Why? Too much internal stress bottled up and exploded like a soda bottle that has been violently shaken.

So what did all this drama teach me? That I am human. That I have my physical and emotional limitations. That I need to start running actively again and burn out the stress hormones that are causing my nerve endings to rattle.

The crazy thing is I started off the weekend listening to an inspirational song and I felt I was on the verge of a breakthrough. A blowup is more of what I got. But such is life.

Tonight’s lesson is to remember to be patient with yourself. It’s ok to be human. It’s ok to hurt. It’s ok to lose it on occasion if you have to. After all we are spiritual beings living a human experience. This fallen world can take its toll on the spirit. That’s why God invented tears. The trick is to pick yourself up again and trust God’s plan for your life.

Here’s the song I was inspired by. “I’m coming home…”

1 comment: