Thursday, February 3, 2011

Relationships Matter

“Get at it.” That’s the thought I had tonight as I recapped my weekend in NY.

This past weekend I had the good fortune of spending time with people I love. We ate bagels at Murray’s, visited St. Patrick’s church, went to the top of the Empire State Building, ate some wonderful cuisine, laughed, drank wine, laughed, exchanged dreams, challenged dreams, went to an insane bowling club, walked through Times Square, popped in the M&M store, took a break at Applebee's, and finally ate official NY pizza (I loved that stuff since I was a kid).

I was actually in NY in pursuit of my dreams (more on this later), but in the end the greatest lesson I was reminded of was the only thing that really matters in life are relationships.

“Get at it,” would seem to imply doing something or making things happen. Yes, I think that’s important. But not as important as nurturing and developing relationships with people I love. Life has become hectic lately. Dreams are on the verge of coming true. Mortgages are due. But you know what? Life means nothing without people to share it with. That’s tonight’s lesson. "Get at" spending time with people is what I'm taking away from all of this.

Here’s an ‘80s tune that reminds me of spending time in NY as I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment