Monday, December 27, 2010

What is Joy?

Joy is cleaning out my garage so my kids can play in it.
It’s making my bed in the morning and marveling at the order of it.
It’s my daughter saying, “C’mon Daddy, as she holds my hand.”
It’s having my son burry his head in my stomach showing how much he trusts me.
It’s my oldest son saying, “Watch this dad,” as he amazes me with his talents.
It’s watching my children hug each other after they have been apart.
It’s my wife smiling at me as I walk downstairs in the morning.
It’s sitting in my favorite chair with a great book.
It’s the feeling I get when I use my imagination.
Joy is all those small things I could easily take for granted,
If I'm not paying attention.

This is tonight's lesson.

Here's an '80s tune that helps me to pay attention to the "finer [and simpler] things".

No comments:

Post a Comment