Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Frozen in Stillness

I have lost sight of the true meaning of life. Worry, anxiety, and discouragement have consumed my thinking and emotions. With all that I have learned and lived, I am at a loss as to what to do.

Control your thoughts. Run and expel the toxins. Breathe deeply and meditate on the wonder of life. Remember life has a beginning and an end; don’t waste a moment of it. Lead with a grateful heart. Your attitude determines your altitude. All these ideas and more swirl around my head.

Stop. Be still.

Kiddo… When did the battle become yours? When did I say I would abandon you? You know too much. You think too much. It’s all good but you’ve lost sight of the truth. I did not create you to crack the code to the mysteries of the universe. I created you simply to be you. You are a manifestation of my love. Do you understand that?

These words you write. Have you forgotten to read them? I’ve given them to you for a reason. I wanted you to know me. Not in some abstract cosmic way, but for real. I’m not some idea or concept. I’m your Father.

You’re suffering kiddo because you’re trying too hard to make sense of things that don’t need to be made sense of. Sometimes it’s alright just to be. You call this the moment right? Let go for now. I will not abandon you. This is the lesson I want you to reflect on tonight.

Maybe it’s time to “break the ice and feel like time is standing still”. Let it flow naturally kiddo. It's like breathing. It's like riding a bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment