Friday, December 17, 2010

Enough is Enough

“That’s enough.” That’s the thought I had today as I committed to letting go and chilling out.

I’m letting go today. Letting go of what I think I should or should not be doing. Letting go of thinking the weight of the world is my responsibility. Letting go of everything that has been keeping me down lately. But I’m not letting go of the lessons I’m learning.

How can it be that life feels like a sweet dream at times and like a tragic nightmare at others? Maybe that’s how it’s supposed to feel. Life is designed to teach us what we need to learn. Right? Sometimes the easy way works. Sometimes the hard way is the only way. The more I struggle with accepting this truth the more I suffer. Life is light and dark and everything in between. This is what makes it the adventure it is. The trick is to bring light to the darkness I think.

Today I talked with a few friends at work about all of this. The common thought we all shared was “it is what it is”. I think this is called reality. The quicker you accept it, the quicker you find peace. But peace is not on the outside. It’s on the inside. I’ve told myself this a million times and I’ll say it again. Peace is a decision. But sometimes to make that decision you must first decide you’ve had enough. This is tonight’s lesson.

Here’s a mellow song to help you clear your head.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I get enough clarity to realize all the emotional turmoil is a sign of growth. Especially around the holidays when family tensions start to rise. If you're out of your comfort zone, it means you're growing, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way of looking at it. Thanks for the thought Peggy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your blog...so inspiring..I look forward to your post...I've been running for 3 years and lately question myself about my running and what it's all about...until I hit the pavement again and it's there I find the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jonelle. I really appreciate your words.
    You also just reminded me that I need to hit the pavement again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Journeyman,
    I just learned about your blog through "Thoughts of a Butterfly's" site.
    I really appreciate your writing and can relate and identify with so much of it. I'm Grateful for the inspiration and insight you share.
    Thank you so much.
    d9 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi d9. Thank you for reading my sister's blog and for your kind words! You have inspired me too.

    ReplyDelete