Monday, January 17, 2011

Step Up and Jump In!

I once heard a story that went something like this.

A man lived by a river called Life. Everyday he would go down to the river, dip his cup into it, and take a drink. Day after day and year after year he did this.

Then one day he had an epiphany. Instead of taking a drink from the river called Life, he jumped into it. In that moment he realized Life offers more than a daily drink. If you want to, you can jump into it with all your being.

This story resonates with my life right now. I think I have one foot in the river called Life. But something keeps me from throwing myself in completely. What's holding me back I wonder? I need to run and figure this out.

Tonight’s lesson is to never fear what might become of you if you throw yourself into the river called Life. I think some call this living in the “flow” or the "moment". It's where I dream of being.

Here’s a song and video that inspires me to “step up” and jump into the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment